Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Football!!


So, Saturday October 26th was somewhat of an iconic day for me.  I was able to go to a college football game in the Coliseum.  I am not a fan of USC or Utah, the two teams playing that day.  But I am a fan of history, and the Coliseum has it.  USC is not the way I pictured it.  I always assumed it was a sweet set up. With a beautiful campus, the beach, the girls, etc.  The reality is, USC is right in the middle of a dumpy part of town, where everyone makes jokes about the crime in the area.  It is in a older part of the city, so it is not good looking at all.  And because it is right in the middle of the city, there is little to no parking, forcing everyone to pay 20-25 bucks at random lots that can be as much as 2 miles away from the actual stadium. 

We arrived early and lucked out by finding a street parking space about a mile away for free.  We walked with all the other thousands of friends to the stadium.  Right outside the stadium it was interesting to see a religious group with signs and mega phones telling everyone to flee from sin and choose Christ to live.  They passed out “get out of Hell free” cards, with important scripture verses on them.  (I figure I will hang onto mine, as you never know). 


The game itself was not that exciting, a 19-3 win for USC.  Besides one field goal on the opening drive of the third quarter, all the scoring took place in the first half.  And in the end that was a good result, as I particularly don’t like Utah winning anything (I used to play rugby against them in my undergrad days and disliked their team immensely).  The most challenging part of the day was that I was sick, and not feeling well.  It continually got worse, and ended up by me being in bed all Saturday night and Sunday.  But I am still glad I went as it is something I can cross off my bucket list. 

No comments:

Post a Comment