Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Career Services

I am not sure what to write for my career services post.  Living in California, I can't attend any of the career service workshops.  The last career service type of thing I attended was a career fair last semester at ASU's down town campus.  They had many different organizations there, ranging from Enterprise Rental Car to the FBI.  I talked with a lot of representatives and took home a lot of business cards and materials, and I even researched quite a few of them.  Many of them were offering internships, and some seemed perfect for work in government and/or non profits.  However, a little over a week after that, I was lucky enough to get involved with my current project, which placed all the other companies on the back burner.  

As for career events during this internship, I actually feel that my work here with the California Civic Innovation Project is just one large career fair.  Every week I get to research government and non profit tools, attend meetings, and shadow city planners.  There is much more planned, and a lot more to do.  For instance, next week I will be going to a graduate recruiting fair in San Diego to represent ASU.  All of these experiences are allowing me to gain views into all aspects of public management and city government.  If that is not a development workshop, I don't know what is.

No comments:

Post a Comment